Tuesday, April 20, 2010

LIFE...RELIGION...SYMBOL... /삶...종교...상징.../




"Life" has been the subject I have pondered. 
How can I not think of it when I am living and breathing in it?
As a person and a wanderer, living in a foreign country for about ten years now, 
I begin to accept, cautiously though, what the mystics say:
life is all about being with God -- the Unknown. 

The soul wholly bathed in the light from on high 
no longer makes use of human speech, always so weak. 
It is a gazing on God alone--a great fire of love. 
The soul here is buried, engulfed in holy delectation 
and converses with him [and her] as with a father [and a mother], 
most familiarly and tenderly.
 --John Cassian 

John Cassian says pursuing God is beyond human senses and faculty.
But I still try, as a human being who wants to cage the bird of beauty and possess it, 
to capture the life that I know -- in sculptures, symbols, and words.



삶이라는 것은 항상 저에게 숙고해야할 주제였던 것 같아요. 하긴, 살고 숨쉬는 사람으로써 어떻게 삶을 생각하지 않겠어요? 인간으로써 그리고 방랑자로써, 십년을 외국땅에서 살면서
 저는 조심스럽게나마 신비주의자들이 말하는 것을 받아들이게 된것 같아요. 
삶은 곧 하나님, 즉 그 알수없는 존재, 와 함께 하는 것이다.

저 높은 것으로부터의 빛에 음뻑 적셔진 영혼은 연약하기 
그지없는 인간의 언어로 더 이상 표현되지 않는다. 
하나님, 즉 그 거대한 사랑의 불,만을 뚜러지게 바라볼뿐.  
이 영혼은 성스로운 기쁨에 휩싸이고 뭍혀서 아버지 (그리고 어머니)와 
얘기하듯 가장 친근하면서도 부드럽게 하나님과 대화한다.
-존 카시온— 

존 카시온은 하나님을 추구하는 것은 인간의 감각과 사고를 뛰어넘는 행위라고 했습니다. 
하지만 아름다움의 새를 보면 새장에 넣어 소유하고 싶은 한 인간으로써, 
제가 아는 삶을 조각으로, 상징으로, 언어로 표현해 볼려고 했습니다. 
/Low-Firing Red Clay, Sawdust Firing at cone 022~013/ /yr 2007-2008/









ONE plus ONE =
하나 더하기 하나 =







LIFE IS
삶이라는 것은







RELIGIOUS LIFE
종교적인 삶







OUR WORLD
우리 세상








RELIGIOUS SYMBOL
종교적 상징

No comments:

Post a Comment